Thursday, July 27, 2006

We're Havin' a Heatwave...

Well today it did cool down just a tiny bit... at least enough for mom and I to not sweat completely through our coats (ok, mom wears a t-shirt but it's basically the same thing except I don't take mine off - ever) within minutes of walking outside while on our morning constitutional around the Echo Park lake.

I did enjoy myself more than usual with the local ducks - mom doesn't let me get close enough to do any damage, and the ducks definitely know when I'm "in tha house" and do a quick waddle into the water. I'm incredibly curious about this water, but mom won't let me go in. Apparently no one is supposed to go in so I guess I'm not missing anything. Must find another source of cool water on hot days.

I love the idea of having my very own swimming pool - one of my dog blogger buddies suggested it to me - and have been working on mom and dad's sympathy to buy one for me. It seems that although they would be willing to buy something inflatable, there isn't much room in an apartment for a blowup pool and resulting wet dog. Flawed logic on their part, I'm afraid, so I will continue to fight the good fight and hopefully one day soon I will be reporting from my pool. With a large brightly-colored drink with a paper umbrella in it. And a plate of artfully-arranged treats. And a human fanning me.

Ah, that's the life.

Love,

Bogart

A Tropical Heatwave is happenin' on my other blog:

To Aire is Divine

No comments: