Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey Day

Well I am pleased to announce that this year's Turkey Day was a great success. No begging was required and the sky rained turkey.

When I wasn't helping (as I always try to do) I was playing with Heidi.

I do like to be a part of the festivities, and for this holiday that means helping cook.

I'm good at this kind of stuff. I was happy to be consulted on the "done-ness" of the bird.

The "main cooks" for the day were Dad and his friend KC. KC is Heidi's dad and it's their house. They're funny guys, and posed for this "American Gothic" portrait (well it must have been at least kind of funny, mom was laughing). Dad is wearing the big hat.

Yes the food fell wild and free, and Heidi and I were there to catch every tasty piece.

After the gorging it was time to do what the humans were doing - laying down.

Heidi was helpful in making sure that my beard was nice and clean after the bird extravaganza, but I have a feeling that it was because she was planning my next workout and that it was going to be a big one (to burn off all the extra turkey and trimmings)...

Love,

Bogart

To Aire is Divine

4 comments:

Pippin, the Gentle Pup said...

Looks like you really scored on the turkey. It also looks very warm where you were--it's kind of cold at our house AND we didn't get any turkey--but that's o.k. we got some extra time with our peeps.

You look great in the pics with your friend Heidi

Lux said...

You are one handsome guy yourself, Bogart, and boy, it looks like you had a feast!

Anonymous said...

That bird was looking good - I drooled all over the keyboard as I read your post. Now Mom's mad. I can't do anything right, sigh.

Ivy said...

oh my dogness!! you had such a wunnerful thanksgiving and so much yumminess to be thankful for. that barbie bird looks awesome. your silly dad and kc shud be so proud.

maybe i shud get a hat like that for my randy. it seems to make the peepol extra generous with the dinner.