Monday, January 17, 2011

Airedale Death Spiral

In the great game of stick procurement, sometimes things don't always go exactly my way.  Humans wind up with sticks that are either held too high, or thrown too far.


But there is simply no reason why I shouldn't have any and all sticks that I see.


Really.  Truly.  I MEAN IT.


Oh yeah?  You think that holding that stick just a little too high is going to somehow keep it in your hands rather than my gaping mouth?


AMATEUR.


Here's a tip for you doggies - once you get the prized stick in your mouth, begin what I affectionately call the "Airedale Death Spiral".  Hold on tight and run in a circle.


If necessary, bite a little closer to the hand holding the stick.  That always gets 'em moving faster.  And moving faster is what you want - in a circle.


Round and round and round you go, and pretty damn soon the human will get dizzy.  Then you can make your escape, stick in maw.


You're welcome.

Love,
Bogart

7 comments:

Tucker The Crestie said...

Great tips, Bogart!

Asta said...

Bogawt
You awe the mastew!!!!
thank you fow the lesson
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Dog Clothing said...

I love the bite closer to the hand.

That is what Duke does when he wants something as well!

And it works too1

Pepsi Bum said...

Smart move! I do that with the chew bones.

Woofs,
Pepsi

The Black and Tans. said...

Excellent advice. Thank you Bogart.

Molly, Taffy and Monty

fromsophiesview said...

Excellent...I couldn't have said it any better...OK...Hey let's go out...I've got to you something!

Kolchak Puggle said...

~giggles~So THAT'S what that move is called. I've been pulling that for some time, but I didn't know it had a name! NEATO! Another great trick? Out of nowhere, stop tugging on the stick, but keep it in your mouth. When your clueless human is caught off-gueard, it's really easy to make off with the stick!