Tuesday, March 04, 2008

King of the Burger


Dad has continued on the treat-making, working on things, fixing other things, coming up with new and brilliant ideas for treats, and one of the more recent ones has been to make BURGERS. They're meat mixed with veggies and then dehydrated. I approve wholeheartedly...


Ain't too proud to beg...

Hey, there's still MORE OF THAT BURGER...

Action shot! I'm lunging full-Dale-speed at mom to get at that burger... mere seconds later and it was MINE...

Yummo yummo.

I don't think I've mentioned the news about my Boxer baby buddies because it was really, really sad... but little Fritz passed away a little while ago and his sister DeeDee has been really sick. They both had Parvo - not once but TWICE - and mange because of their irresponsible breeder. Since Fritz has passed away DeeDee has been lonely and wasn't eating much, so dad and I stepped in to make her some big dehydrated burgers...

There's beef heart, turkey, and fish and rice burgers in there. A nice care package for a pretty girl!

So mom and I jumped into the Bogiemobile for our Meals on Wheels delivery to Miss DeeDee! I couldn't visit with her because her immune system is still pretty weak, so I wait in the car.

After all of that hard work, mom thought we deserved some lunch. We hadn't visited the Angelique Cafe for awhile, so off we drove in search of some good French sandwiches.

But there was a problem. As cute as I look here, I wasn't able to help with the godawful service that we received. Now mom, dad, and I have been here many times before and the food is always good and the service is always nice. But today was another story... We sat at a table and got our menus. Then instead of the waitress taking our drinks order she ran away! Someone else threw a tiny basket of bread on our table as they ran by (it wasn't THAT busy) but no one would acknowledge us. Weird. Other folks at a few tables were having the same problem so we knew it wasn't just us, but still... Finally we got to order food. And wait. And wait. And wait some more.

Nope, she's not coming.

Not that way, either.

The waitress brought food to a neighboring table of people who had arrived long after we did. Then when we were starting to think about leaving, she came by and asked to confirm what we ordered! So they DID forget about us. Finally the food came and mom's sandwich was ok but her fries (my favorite part of her lunch) were COLD! Oh, the travesty! So she sent them back but even then she couldn't get our waitress' attention, and she picked up her plate to show to another person who worked there that they were cold. And do you know what that person did? She put her finger in them!!! Right into the french fries!!!

Cafe Angelique

So I did what any self-respecting Airedale would do: I stretched out my paws to trip her as she walked by.

Love,

Bogart

Chez Bogart

10 comments:

Stanley said...

Bogart!

You are one great Dale to have around. Care packages for sick pupgirls, and tripping bad waitresses.

Please give some juicy and comforting goober smooches to DeeDee's peeps. I'm so sorry about Fritz. After all they have been through with their boxers, it's just sad and so unnecessary. I hope your pkg of dehydrated treats gets her back on track. Keep us posted.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

My girl wants to thank you for all of the close up juicy schnoz shots on your blog recently. They are better for her than sunshine!

Noah the Airedale said...

OMG Bogie we can't believe that sad news about little Fritz and that DeeDee is so sick. The poor pinkys to loose Heidi then Fritz.
We hope DeeDee enjoyed her burgers, poor little thing.
We get vaccinated against Parvo.
Take care
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Cassidy said...

Me be so sad to hear about Fritz, and that Dee Dee is still poorly girl. Send some Aire zen her way.

I'm sure the burgers were yummy and made her feel little bit better.

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Lenny said...

I hope your buddy feels better soon. That was nice of you to make burgers for her.
Do you make any fun veggietarian treats?

I can't believe that about the french fries. I hope you tripped her.

Your friend, Lenny

Molly the Airedale said...

We're so sorry to hear about Fritz, Bogie! What a shame! Paws are crossed that DeeDee feels better soon and with your treats how can she go wrong! Your dad sure is a blessing in the kitchen!
What a stoopid waitress! We sure hope your furry paw did trip her up!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Deetz said...

Goodness, that is terrible service and the fries were COLD.....unbelievable. I sure hope your folks didn't leave the waiter a tip, but you left them a "trip"...lmao I tickled myself.
I am sorry to hear about your friend passing and the other one not eating. I bet the other one gobbled up those yummy looking burgers...they look soooo good. See ya later Bogart
Deetzy

William Tell said...

How nice of you to make a get-well package of tasty treats for your sick friend. Very thoughtful, and I hope it makes her feel better.

Bummer about that nice restaurant being not-so-nice anymore. I hope your parents didn't tip that silly waitress!

William Tell

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bogart!
It makes me feel sad to hear about your friend Fritz. Sure I hope DeeDee feels better soon. You are so nice sending her those yummy treats! I am sure she will enjoy them!
Maybe that restaurant changed its administration. That happens here with some places.
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kirby said...

Hi Bogart,

Oh, I'm so sad to hear about Fritz and poor DeeDee. I sure hope DeeDee gets better real soon. I'm sure your burgers will get her eating again. Anything that comes from Chez Bogart is delish! I'll keep you, your family and most of all DeeDee's family in my thoughts and prayers. It must be so hard for them to lose Heidi then Fritz. I'm sending a ton of Airezen out to So. California. Grab it and pass it on!

Your pal,
Kirby

Kimo and Sabi said...

Hehehehe! You are da BURGER KING!