Friday, March 07, 2008

TGIF


Woo-hoo! Friday and the living is easy. Mom is off on Fridays, so that means it's time to get her a sandwich from the Lovebirds Cafe in Pasadena!

I've never had ice cream before. I hear all about it watching all of my buddies on their blogs and I've been meaning to try some. Today Dad got himself a Carvel soft serve and it was my lucky day.

A fingerful of swirl was to be mine.

But you know what? I didn't like it!!! I let it fall to the ground and quickly lost interest. All I can say in my defense is that I'm a really picky dog, mom always says that I eat pretty much nothing that a "normal" dog eats, so maybe this is why I didn't care for the soft serve. Not that I'm not willing to give it another try at some point in the near future...

In Pasadena, hidden away in a shopping area off of Lake Avenue there is this red London telephone box that mom has been trying to get me to pose with. Batteries always conspired against it, but today the photo op was MINE.

I thought I'd check it out inside - lots of, ahem, interesting smells in there, but before I could add some of my own Dad pulled me along. Oh well.

Ah nature. The lovely wilderness that is Mareike's back yard. I keep a collection of my favorite sticks there for whenever I visit, and luckily her Dales don't seem to mind.

Don't mess with my sticks, ok?

Of course we brought some treats for the Dales, today it was dried yam and sweet potatoes.

Jupie tried her best to make sure that the bag was empty (so that we wouldn't waste any, you see). She's a SMART girl :)

Kermit got into the act too - making sure that no stray pieces remained. Good. Clean. Bag.

Yet another fun day at Mareike's. It's good to be me!

Love,

Bogart

Chez Bogart

To Aire is Divine

5 comments:

Faya said...

I cannot believe that you don't like ice-cream.... I cannot imagine life without ice-cream....
Kisses, Faya

sarah doow said...

Bogart, I can assure you that the phone boxes in London smell even more, ahem, interesting!

Molly the Airedale said...

You don't like ice cream? But what's not to like?! Maybe if you would have been offered the whole cone things would have gone differently?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Harry said...

How nice to see a British phone box, not many of the red ones around nowadays.

Toodle pip
Harry x

Stanley said...

Bogart!

You really ARE a dog about town. With your social schedule, are you sure your kitties are getting all of the Bogie attention they deserve? (Not that I don't like your adventures, dude. I DO! JUst thinking about the kitties and their needs).

LOVE the photos at Marieke's house. Your dale friends are always so fluffy and juicy (just the way my girl likes them), and of course, there were gobs of photos of you for her to go gaga over. (Thanks, man. You kept her entertained for awhile).

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley