Wednesday, May 31, 2006

They Feed Horses, Don't They?

Yup, time to rid ourselves of some excess vegetable matter again!

This time the vegetable of choice was CELERY.

Mom and dad had a bag of it that wasn't as crisp as they'd like it to be (sitting in the refrigerator for more than a week or so will do that to a veggie) so they thought it would be a good idea to give it to someone who'd love it... and that wasn't me. While I was intrigued by the plastic package it came in, the actual celery did nothing for me.

So off we trudged to see the horses. They eat anything we bring them (well, so far it's carrots and celery so maybe I shouldn't speak too soon). Today all 4 were out enjoying the afternoon sunshine so I got to come snout to snout with 4 very large horses. All of which had absolutely no interest in me at all, especially once the celery came out. It's funny to watch them eat through the fence, slowly chewing the celery and watching it disappear into their mouths.

Definitely more entertaining than sitting at home... I'm still on Stitches-Death-Watch and cannot go out unsocked. Which of course means still no dog park, grumble grumble grumble. But I've been reasonably good at not picking at my stitches so hopefully (paws crossed) on Friday they'll come out and I can go back to my normal routine.

Love,

Bogart

See all of the horse-tastic photos on my other blog:
www.toaireisdivine.com

No comments: