Sunday, December 28, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes...

WOW. Can you believe that just yesterday this was under almost a whole foot of snow?

Yep, this is where I take my morning walkies, and for the last week or so it's been kind of treacherous. Almost 2 feet of snow and ice was here - the last full snow was on Christmas day - until it started to rain yesterday. And rain, and rain, and rain...

I'm quite happy about it, although I will miss the snow. It was my first real snow so I shall always have fond memories of jumping in it and smooshing my face deep into a nice, frosty pile.

But the good thing is that now since the snow is gone, we can drive again! Yes, we were housebound for over a week, only able to get out to walk around a bit before we got cold and scared of falling on ice. So we decided to do a little walkie tour of Hawthorne Blvd. as we haven't been here in awhile... I paused to check on some of the last snow piles - some definite yellow-ness in there - just to make sure there weren't any overdue messages for me...

Nope, no messages. Onward ho!

Ah, the Portland Pet Supply. I always love this place, it smells so good inside. But alas, they are not open on Sundays, even for a special visit from me...

I even got my head all the way inside the bars to check - just to be sure - that they were indeed closed. Yup.


It's ok - there is still plenty to see, sniff, and poop on. I almost caught mama and dad off-guard, as they haven't been used to bringing poopie bags with them for awhile now... when I've gotta go, I've gotta go, poopie bag or not! Luckily there was still one in dad's pocket, so they were spared - this time.

This sign made mama giggle - and she thought that some of you doggies might have mama's that would giggle about this as well...

Ah, a nice long walkie accomplished, time to get back into the Bogcedes and head for home. A lot of the time when I ride in the back seat (I call it the Chairman's Quarters), I lay down and put my head up onto the back of either mama or dad's seat and rest like this. I find it relaxing and reassuring to have my nose right up against mama or dad's necks...

And I know that mama especially likes to feel some manly beard on her shoulder...

And some hot canine breath...

And of course, THE BUTTON

Love,

Bogart

To Aire is Divine

Chez Bogart

7 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

Ahhh the button...what a grand sight.
We're glad the snow is gone so you can all get out and about.

tailwags
Noah x

Molly the Airedale said...

Our snow is all gone too, Bogie! The fog and warmer temps ate it all up! It'll be back, don't worry!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

I am glad you got to get out and check on your peemail, its been so chilly here we haven't been able to. BUT I think it will warm up today!

Eduardo said...

I'm glad you had a great walkie!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bogart!
Sure it was nice you could go out for a nice walkie!
Too bad that store was closed!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Stanley said...

Bogart!

Are you blatantly flirting with my hoogirl?! You know that she would TOTALLY let you slime her neck or the back of her head like that ANYtime! She's going nuts, even as I type, about your stinkin' juicy schnoz! (You're such a player!)

It's been weird here too - weather-wise. We had snow (not as much as you, though), and now our yard is mushy grass & mud! It's a little freaky.

That sign made our mama giggle too. Thanks for sharing.

Goob love,
Stanley

Boy n Beethoven said...

I loves the button! What wonderful places you usually goes for walkies to!

'Oven