Friday, June 23, 2006

Unidentified Freaking Object

OK, I'm really not liking those big booming sounds that are going on all over my neighborhood. Last night on my late-nite peepee walk, I heard a big one and tried to run away as fast as I could... with mom attached, of course. Apparently I almost took her arm with me - but not her. Oops.

Why do humans do these sort of things? You'd really think that for creatures at the top of the proverbial food chain and with overdeveloped brains (opposable thumbs... overrated) they wouldn't be so fascinated with things going BOOM. It's really amazing, watching them "ooooh" and "aaaah" at these ridiculously loud sounds.

I've been warned that this nonsense will continue for some weeks as the country is celebrating it's birthday. Well I say lets just get out the cake already, the hell with the exploding things!

Today when I was cowering, uh hiding, from more of those evil sounds, I saw the oddest thing that also scared the bejeezes out of me. It was a large, floating thing, and it slowly whirred over our house. I watched it for some time until mom noticed what I was doing, then I tried to act all cool like it didn't bother me (oh boy did it bother me) and that I was just trying to catch it. Then as she looked outside I took the opportunity to scoot back inside.

What was it? The Goodyear Blimp, of course!

Love,

Bogart

www.toaireisdivine.com

No comments: