Sunday, August 23, 2015

Meeting Mister Mole

... well ALMOST meeting Mister Mole.  I TRIED.  After taking off in hot pursuit of my very first mole, I managed to get my snout stuck in a bunch 'o burrs.  I will spare you the photo of me with my eyes burr-d shut, and my snout burr-d together.  This is what it looked like about an hour into my 
 de-burr-ing:


That's right, mama pulled out everything in our arsenal to try to de-burr me.  The Furminator, a slicker brush, safety scissors, and a can 'o spray Pam.  Honestly the Pam did help a bit, but I was NOT open to her taking hours to pull out each and every damn burr.  So I gave her the OK to snip away with those safety scissors, and now I look like this:
Still handsome, but a little less full and fluffy in the beard and 'stache area.  Hoping it grows back soon.

I can't promise I won't run into another bushel 'o burrs (oh who am I kidding, OF COURSE I WILL), but I have heard that baby powder helps to remove 'em, so maybe we'll try that next time.

Love,
Bogart

6 comments:

Kinley Westie said...

Bet it'll grow back even bushier!

Judi P said...

Did you try water? Sounds too easy, I know, but my mama accidentally discovered it when I got muddy and burr-y at the same time. The burrs are usually pretty easy to pull out from wet hair. (I swear she actually enjoys hosing me down after walks.) We have not had occasion to try it with a major burr attack like you got. I haven't had one of those yet this summer, but I almost always come home from a walk with a dozen or so all over me.

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Actually looks like a nice face trim! Good work mama!! Sorry you didn't get to catch that mole though. It might have made a fun toy for your cat siblings. BOL.
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRocketDog and Hootie

James Perez said...

Hello semua nya http://jadiqq.me sebelum saya mencerita tak singkat hall permasalahan kecurangan main.

Sarathi Banking said...

I always visit your blog. Nice to read... TNPSC Group I, II, II – A, IV, VAO Exam coaching centre in Coimbatore

World of Animals, Inc said...

We love the new haircut. You may be a little less fluffy, but it's a good look for you for the summertime. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
World of Animals