Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Maine Event


It is ALWAYS a good thing when a package arrives addressed to me.  Always.


And packages addressed to me ALWAYS smell good.  From the outside.  That's how I know the packages are for me.  I have this amazing nose, you see, it's just a simple biological fact.


WHOA!


PINE CONES!!!  I thought this package smelled extra amazing!!!


The package is from my pal Hobbes - a very intelligent Dale indeed - who collected them from the coast of Maine.  THAT'S LOVE AND TRUE FRIENDSHIP


I once again feel like a mighty oak with my mighty cones.  Philly is woefully underserved in the pine cone area.  And damn, but I miss these things...


Yep, they still taste right...


And now they're ALL MINE


Oh my dear Hobbes, you are the bestest friend ever - I thank you from the bottom of my fuzzy heart.  These have made me so ridiculously happy, they take me back to my puppyhood and lovely days spent chasing fine cones.


Really, man.  I mean it.  YOU DA MAN HOBBES


I have already started the enjoy-ment of the cones my friend.  From the moment I tore open the box.


Mama and I send you LOTS of love and happy thoughts from us in Philadelphia up to you and your mama in Maine (are you going to be a part of the wedding? - I think you'd make a very dashing Best Man...)


Love,
Bogart

5 comments:

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Knowing how much you love the cones, this was a most excellent gift. Hobbes is a very good friend!
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRD & HOotie

Molly the Airedale said...

What a thoughtful gift! We sure do know how much you love pinecones, Bogie!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Karen Raye and Bentley Beargrass said...

Nice gift considering that pine cones are your fave! I personally was excited when you said Maine- thinking the box held a lobster and you would share! LOL...

Jeanne Carr said...

can't get enough of pictures of dogs' noses. really! it's my favorite part!
come check out my blog's new look.

Bocci said...

Awe, what a great gift, Bogart! You've got a true friend...