Monday, June 06, 2011

Drink Well with Pets and Beyond

Well, well, well.  Mama's photography skills seem to have failed her.  Big time.  I fully realize that this photo looks like I'm peeing.  But it must be some sort of visual trick because I never pee in the house.  So what is it then?


The lovely folks at Pets and Beyond sent us a new Drinkwell fountain to try out.  Aha, that explains it!
It has been some time since I had the privilege to drink from a Drinkwell.  I love 'em, the kitties love 'em, but apparently in the past they have been a bit, well, of a pain in the butt to keep clean.  Mama mentioned something about my fine beard as being an all-purpose crap catcher... and since the kitties all lose fur in a puff whenever they move a muscle (which isn't that much, thank goodness, wouldn't want bald kitties), well, lets just say that keeping the Drinkwell clean was a real challenge for my cleanliness-challenged mama.

Behemoth wanted to try it out first, but I really had to insist that I get to do it.  So he ridiculously gracefully moved over to the cat food bowl - pretending that HE MEANT TO DO THAT.  That's fine with me Behemoth, as long as I get first dibs on the new Drinkwell!


This is the Drinkwell Platinum.  It's much more compact that the previous Drinkwell fountains I have had, which mama says bodes really well for the keeping-it-clean issue.  The back pitcher where the water is kept is easy to remove and easy to fill without as much spillage as the old ones did.  Don't ask how she manages to spill kind of everything, she's just very talented in her own way.


So this is me taking my first sips from the new Drinkwell.  It looks small compared to my big manly, muscle-y manliness, but honestly it's really a great size for us all.  I can get the full beard in, and the kitties can slurp easily.  Win-win!


Yes sure, there's a bit more spillage when I drink than when the kitties delicately lap up the water, but hey, I'M A DOG


Refreshing.  Cool.  AWESOME.


The free-flowing water is just dandy.  I enjoy drinking from the waterfall as well as dipping in for a good slurp in the pool.

There isn't much that's better than a Drinkwell.  Drinking from the hose is awesome, taking a couple of slurps while swimming is cool, but a Drinkwell has the added benefit of being able to do it inside, and all the time.  Do not underestimate the convenience.  Getting the humans to pull out the hose or take you to the pool, lake, or what-have-you takes up valuable cuteness, energy, and time.  Why not just have it ready to go in your kitchen?

Really, there are only two choices.  You can have the most amazing dad in the world like I did, who set up this in my favorite back yard in the world in Mareike-land a few years ago:


Yeah that's right.  MY OWN DRINKING TOILET.  This is the ultimate for ANY dog.


But we are not all lucky enough to have such intelligent humans with crazy ideas and mad skills to make them come true.  So really, a Drinkwell is truly the very-next-best-thing.  And highly recommended by all four of my furry kitty friends, so it's bi-species-al!

Want to buy your own Drinkwell?  Visit the fine folks at Pets and Beyond - they have 'em ready to rush to your house as well as a whole lotta other cool stuff for you dogs and your feline friends.  Oh, and mama recommends that when you buy your Drinkwell that you also invest in the cleaning kit and some extra filters - trust her on this, cleaning is easy with the right tools!
Love,
Bogart

6 comments:

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

My feline bro,Chuckie,had one of the original cat fountains and mom loved it. I'm HuGe on drinking out of fountains so might really like this too. Will check out their website. The fabulous Drinking toilet your daddy made for you was a pooches dream come true!! (Made mom lol.) Glad you got a photo of that.
AireSmooches,
BabyRocketDog

OH Mr.Bogart...I can not believe you hang out with CATS. I would love to just get my Welshie chompers on a cat. Never been close enough, though I did escape once and get to paw at the neighbors old cat,Taco, through their screen door. That was fun!!
WelshieHugs,
Hootie

Kolchak Puggle said...

We used to have a Drinkwell until our local shop quit selling the filters. We loved it!

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, we remember that post about your very own waterbowl toilet, Bogie! The idea is genius!
We're going to check into the Drinkwell for dad's workshop!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Pet Lover said...

Must be enjoying the Slurp Sound :-)

Pet Sitter Los Angeles said...

I have used Drinkwell its so nice and useful for pets.
Thanks for post.

Amber-Mae said...

BOL at your toilet water bowl! That's a genius idea though. River LOVES drinking from a toilet bowl especially when it's "flavoured". GROSS!!! I don't do those nasty stuff. But anyway, nice drinkwell!