Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bogart the Carpenter

Sunny Saturday - time for a walk in the park... literally!

Forest Park is just truly lovely. It's still really wet and mossy, but the sun is shining and I'm ready to roll.

As you already know, I am quite the connoisseur of sticks (and pine cones - but that's another story). And the downed trees here always stimulate my stick urges. Even with my mighty jaws, I cannot pick these up and take them home in order to transform them - like a carpenter does - into something fabulous. Ok, so fabulous in my book translates to "little pieces scattered over a wide area".

So I'll humor mama a bit here and pose heroically on this mighty stump.

Are you absolutely sure we can't take this one home mama? It would make a perfect stump for sitting and watching tv...

A few different poses? While still standing or sitting on top of the stump? Oh all right, if I have to...

Staring off into the distance, ready to leap off the stump at any moment and take down whoever needs to be taken down...

An ever-so -slightly different angle to increase the intensity (and length of tongue)...

How about sitting? Well, all right. Ears up, butt down.

Looking over one shoulder... check.

Looking off into the distance wistfully... check.

Another angle - yes, I like it when you do more of the work mama.

One last one - with my best smile (and only slight bit of exasperation):

Ok, I'm kind of over this now. Can we walk now mama?

NO MORE MODELLING - MUST WALK ON TRAIL NOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!

Coolarama. Back on the trail.

I say we do the big loop today - you might have to carry me home (you did bring extra chow and water, didn't you mama?), but that's fine with me!

Love,

Bogart

4 comments:

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

You are a great poser Bogie! All angles were just right.

Today on our post we were reminiscing about when we first began reading blogs and of course we had to talk about YOU since you were our first friend. Thanks for that!
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRocketDog and Hootie

Dawn said...

Excellent Bogart! Such a handsome boy, you have to humor the Mama sometimes! - Katie the Sheltie girl in Michigan.

sanjeet said...

Your idea of snoozing all day looks like a fine one to us!
data entry india

Sunshade said...

Handsome HANDSOME HANDSOME!! Hot HOT HOT!

Love you Bogie, you're the bestest comedian and protector for Lulu!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade