Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fearless Protector

Ah... Portland. How I have missed peeing on your lovely streets...

Running along your dirty water...

And dodging your semi-insane bike riders.

Mama and I had a CRAZY night tonight during the evening walkie... we were both attacked by a pit bull in downtown! This doggie was on a leash belonging to one of the local vagabonds (as mama kindly calls them) yet even as it began to attack us both his human was talking on a cell phone and somehow didn't notice. I have no idea how she couldn't tell - there was lots of snarling, barking and biting and mama was yelling at her - but she was just absent-mindedly talking on the phone with her back to us. It took almost a minute of fighting before some of her friends started yelling and pulled the pit bull off of us.

I am proud to say that I defended mama the entire time - even though she got hurt when she got pushed into a pole by the other dog. I wasn't going to let anyone bite her and that dog was pissing me off.

After it was all over I walked mama home. I could tell that she was still a little scared, so I didn't dilly-dally and made sure that we got home fast.

Like mama always says, it's not the dogs that are the problem it's the people - but the dogs have the teeth. The situation could have been MUCH worse. Luckily I am fine and she's just bruised up a bit - and that I take my Man Of The House duties seriously.

Love,

Bogart

9 comments:

Inky and Molly said...

Bogart the savior! Well done on keeping a cool schnozz in that situation...
Our Uncle Jörg got attacked by a pittbull once and nearly died...Well, he had to make a run because that beast was gonn amince him but he ended up on the street, then got run over by a car...He still has a big scar right across his face to tell the story but at least he survived...
Watch out for yourselves!
Love, I & M

Unknown said...

You are such a good boy and you and your momma are lucky to have each other; luckier still that you know how lucky you are to have each other

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

OH, my goodness,, Bogart, it sounds like you did a very pawsome job there. You should of taken that CP and thrown it down a gutter, after you chomped it with your teethies. that's what I think.
your pal, Morgan

Dexter said...

Well, that is why your mom has such a big brave doggie like you. I am glad you were able to protect her. Some people! Sheesh!

Slobbers,
Mango

Dawn said...

Oh Bogart, that is so scary! Glad you were with your Mom so you could protect her.

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, what a horrible experience for the both of you! We're glad you're okay! Stoopid hoomans!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

OMD we are so glad that you and mom are alright.. That BAD human needs to pay more attention to her dog rather than talking on the phone..
Bogard you are such a good boy to defend mom.. You are the real man of the house...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

The Black and Tans. said...

Bogart, well done for looking after your Mama.
We have similar stupid hoomans here in UK, they talk on their mobiles and pay no attention to what is going on around them whilst walking their dogs.
GRRRRRRRR
Molly, Taffy and Monty

The 3 G-Dales said...

Love you Bogart ~ GGGGGOOOOODDDDD BBOOOYYY for taking such good care of your mamma!

Smooch!

The G-Dale gang!