Sunday, August 03, 2008

Bones & Brews

Mama and dad HAD to make up to me for not taking me along to Flugtag yesterday. I only see mama two days a week for the whole day, and when she chooses to spend one of those whole days somewhere else, well, I'm not a happy boy. We had thought about going to the Bones & Brews festival, but then dad didn't want to go, then he did, so since I want to go pretty much anywhere we all piled into the Bogie-mobile for a ride into the Pearl.

How can you not love an outdoor rib barbecue that's won this many awards, I ask you? The smell was making me NUTSO...

The Bones & Brews festival was a benefit for the Oregon Zoo so we were happy to make our little donation and enjoy some fine outdoor doggie time. LOTS of other pups there today, the butt sniffin' was GOOD!

Grrr. More barbecue and meaty-sandwich goodness. It's really torture to not bust out of my collar and run over for some self serve.

This Border Collie was giving it the old college try - standing up on two legs to get some freebies. Nice work!

It actually got kind of warm outside today after a gloomy start. Notice the tongue hanging out. That means that I'm THIRSTY mama...

I've heard they have some stuff for doggies to drink, lets go find it!

Hm. Not here. That's where the humans go to sit while they eat (they are AWFULLY primitive, aren't they?)

So I stopped to ask this guy - a cool Bulldog - he seemed like he might know where the doggie beer station was.

He pointed me in the right direction and off we went.

Here it is - Barley Brew for dogs - guess I have to sample it...

Yup I'm thirsty, but nope I'm not interested in the Barley Brews. They had chicken and beef flavors but I wasn't biting. Great idea, tho!

Back to my one man greeting team...

This guy was a cutie pie - but when I went in for a good sniff he smelled CLEAN. Oh no, tell me they don't have...

A DOG WASH! Noooooooooooooooooooooo

I tried to organize a "jail break", this little frenchie was willing to follow my lead and make a break for it before they broke out the suds.

FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT TO STAY FUNKY

Here's what I think of your stinkin' dog wash...

Another cutie pie - made me think of Miss Lorenza - I don't see many Dachshunds!

Whew - guess I'm far enough away from that nasty dog wash to be safe.

Look at the size of that dog!!! And there wasn't just one, there was also a black Great Dane they are HUGE!!!

So Bones & Brews... not too shabby!

Love,

Bogart

To Aire is Divine

Chez Bogart

11 comments:

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

That was some cool fair, Bogart! Love the pictures...especially the one where you share your *ahem* thoughts on the dog wash. Heh!

Scottie

Molly the Airedale said...

Another great adventure for you, Bogie! We can't believe you didn't sample the Barley Brew!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Gosh that Bogie-mobile transports you to some pretty good places matie. The Barley Brew looks great. Was it a nice drop?

tailwags
Noah

Kirby said...

Hi Bogart,

Bones and Brew looks great! Nothing beats an event where there is tons of butt sniffing! Too bad the Barley Brew was a bust. I love beer! Way to avoid the dog wash. What is with these crazy humans who include things like that at a lovely event like bones and brew?

Your pal,
Kirby

Deetz said...

You showed that dog wash not to mess with you, uh? Good job Bogart. All those smells and new doggies to meet must have been a great time. I think you like your new surroundings and have met alot of new doggies and humans and they have lots of food there....I am happy for you.
Deetzy
ps thanks for your thoughts for Charlotte. We will be okay, mum has faith.

Asta said...

Bogart,
Anothew pawtastic event!!I would have enjoyed all the gweeting and sniffing, and of couwse the BBQ..I'm amazed at youw self contwol!

WE wewe not at t posh Lawn Gisland place..it's called Shirley-Mastic( a vewy silly name) and not vewy posh !
One complaint..LI doggies awe not vewy social..I guess thei'we all guawd dogs..they all hated me..not like city doggies
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bogart!
sure you had a great day!
Beer for dogs that tastes like chicken and beef?? Hmmm...
You met there lots of doggies! And a doxie too!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The 3 G-Dales said...

Bogie Bud -

Good to see you are a dog about town in your well, not so new anymore, digs.... You are fitting right in and making the place your own, man. Way to go!

Thanks for visiting and the well wishes to get better...yeah, dud stay away from the corn cobs! What a bad idea....man, my belly is still hurtin a bit - all stitched up like a stuffie I am...

You didn't like the brew , eh mate? You still had fun...not sure I would have wanted a dog wash either.....though I'm really funky from being in the hospital and Mumsie says I am really stinky! Whoo-hoo for the stink!

Have a pawesome day bud, glad to see you are out making the world your own. You are one cool boy, Bogie!

Jack-Jack

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

Bones & Brews looked like a lot of fun for you!

Both Willow and I featured you yesterday for NOMS Day since you are our NOMS friend from last year!

We are glad that you are enjoying your new yard too!

Purrrrrrrs, China Cat

Lillie Valentine said...

WOW. That looked like loads of fun. They don't have stuff like that here in MN. You get to have ALL the fun!!

Stanley said...

Bogart!

I would have liked to see that jail break take place! Viva La FUNK!!

You guys have so many cool dog-friendly events around there, I'm getting a little jealous. But, if anydog is a great ambassador for Dales everywhere, it's you, my friend.

Goob love,
STanley