Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tour de Portland

I was bored. Chairman of the "bored". It is beautiful in Portland today, sunny and unseasonably warm. Absolutely no kind of weather to sit indoors and pretend that magically the apartment will clean itself. So lets tour Portland, shall we?

Ah, if this were the Bogiemobile. Alas no, yet super cool just the same.

Seeing as how it's pretty darned hot outside today, mama thought that before we took off for the most serious part of our journey that I might enjoy getting the paws wet. Oh mama, YOU WERE SO RIGHT

I'm really getting used to this "being in the water" thing. Was it just because I was hot? Who knows.

Did I mention that it was HOT?

And because there were small boats going by, there were actual little waves lapping at the shore. Yes these surprised me, but not in a bad way.

I continued my water-y trek, all in the name of cooling off the fuzz.

Wind in the fuzz, water on the butt.

When my disco pants are this wet, it makes my legs look so scrawny. Not my best look.

And yet I am intrigued by the small waves. And the rocks. And all of the floaty stuff going by.

A little rock climbing - just to work on my butt. And to dry off the disco pants before anyone sees me.

Walking east, time to check out the shops on Hawthorne. But most importantly, time for some...

Shops here are fun, but oddly there weren't a lot of people out today. Was it because of the heat? Usually Sunday's aren't this empty around here.

I wanted to swing into my favorite dog store - but alas, they are closed on Sundays. Even though I stood outside for some time and barked my very loudest, no one came to open the gates. Bastards.

And since we were in the neighborhood, time for some of those tasty Hawthorne Fish House fries. Um, mostly for mama, but I do enjoy a good fry myself.

What is the best way to handle a tough situation? Ask Bogart. Someone barks at you from behind their fence? Walk up to them slowly, deliberately, until you are super close. Let 'em think that you are coming in for a sniff or to submit. And then...

Ooo... how did we get all the way to Laurelhurst Park? Not that I mind, of course.

Laurelhurst Park is one of my favorite stick and cone collecting spots. And it's pretty. But there are a lot of other doggies here, so you have to be vigilant and protect your sticks.

First look to the right...

Then to the left...

Display the superiority of the scissor bite if necessary...

Or of course, break out the mighty bark. That one ALWAYS does the trick.

Ok, now I'm just annoyed. Lets move it out mama!

It looks like the algae bloom is slowly de-blooming. It's still quite green but not as neon-y as it used to be.

Well hello there ducks... come a little closer... just a l-i-t-t-l-e closer...

I have also discovered a new fun thing to chase down the street - chestnuts. And it seems that NE Portland is full of 'em. They fall from the trees in their spiky casings, break open and then become super fun to chase down the sidewalk.

Collect 'em all!

I'm not sure if you can see this clearly - but this guy on a motorcycle has a little beige doggie in his lap - and he's wearing DOGGLES! Ride free little dude!!!

Such a long walk down Broadway... both of us too tired to take photos. Just a parting shot down the Broadway Bridge as we headed for home - 5 hours later.

Yep, all of our paws hurt. Time to sleep...

Love,

Bogart

7 comments:

Sally Ann and Andy said...

What a walk.
Sally Ann

Dexter said...

Gosh Bogart, that walk looks kind of, er, HOT! Good thing you were able to cool off your little toes, but I agree the tight pants look doesn't really flatter you.

I loved the pee pee move. Way to go!

Slobbers,
Mango

animal lover, quilt lover said...

MY,MY, Bogart, What a great post yesterday!!!! What a LONG walk you went on!!! Bambi would have loved to be with you and walk and walk!!!
It would have been interesting around that water tho, she does not like baths!!!!! I don't know what she wouls have done???
Thanks so much for the visit!!!
It means a lot to see BOGART was here!!!
Love you, Bogart and Lulu, Fern

Molly the Airedale said...

We used to have chestnut trees in our yard but dad cut them down! Those spiny balls hurt when they dry out! Be careful not to step on them, Bogie!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

Hi Bogart,

Wow, now we're tired just watching you! You must be in grrreat shape?

Get a good nap!

Luv,
Riley and Star.

Asta said...

Deaw Bogie
You and youw Mama suwe have stamina..Mommi would have dwopped houws befowe that, hehe
What a gweat day and toow of Powtland.
It's weally cool that you have so many oppowtoonities to be neaw the watew.
When Mommi had hew Vespa fow a millisecond , she was going to let me wide wif hew wif doggles on, but alas..that ship (ow Vespa ) has sailed.
Mommi loves the smell of woasted chestnuts and the look and colow of the ones youwe collecting.
Thank dog you wewe able to pwotect youw stickie collection..youw vigilance twooly payed off.
Youw Mama is the BEST! and you awe incwedibly handsome!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Laurie, Woo's Editor said...

What a walk Bogart! That dip in the water is the best part of summer, no? I've been doing it whenever I get a chance.
Good to see you Big Boy,
Winnie Woo