Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gastrointestinal Happiness

Thanks to all who have inquired about the state of my bowels. You will be happy to know that my poop has returned to a healthy shape, size, color, and yes, smell. Mama would say that she is the happiest about it, but lets face it, I am the happiest about it. And it's all thanks to mama's new-found cooking skills. Well, her new-found boiling skills. For the last few days each night after my walkie I get two heaping bowls of chicken and veggie soup.

And then first thing the next morning I pee like a racehorse. It's a lotta liquid in that soup!

Here in Portland there are a lot of food carts. Sometimes mobile but sometimes free-standing, they are in most areas of the city and offer quick, affordable, and generally quite yummy food. I've seen this cart before (the ladybug on top has caught my eye) but we've never stopped until today. It's called Lickety Split and they serve both pork and vegan meatballs!

I lined up, thinking I was going to get a meatball. Mama quashed that idea because apparently most of the time when someone gives me food I either ignore them or drop it on the floor in semi-disgust. The gal serving was so nice and the food smelled GOOD.

I'm still willing to try sometime tho, mama.

Behold - my chicken soup.

Carrots, beans, and boiled chicken. With a few scoops of the yummo chicken broth. I know that mama is proud - like I said earlier, she had to actually make phone calls to learn how to boil chicken - and being a vegetarian it makes it even tougher for her to cook for me. But mama, your soup is DELISH...

Second helping please!

Love,

Bogart

13 comments:

♥ Tiffykins ♥ said...

Oooo Bogart that soup looks delicious! My mom has really got to start cooking food for us. I am happy to hear that your poop is back to normal. Hope you enjoy your yummy looking meals!

Kali

Dexter said...

Your momma must really love you to make soup and all. It looks yummers. Glad your poops are better. I might be needing some of that soup myself right now.

Slobbers,
Mango

My Mind's Eye said...

Bogart,
I'm very glad you are well....your mom's cooking talents have come to surface too. I would enjoy a bowl of that soup. Looks delicious.
Good Job mom but then she was doing it for her Bogart so it was easy.
Madi and Mom

Poodle Bitch said...

Poodle Bitch is happy that you are feeling better.

That said, she has to wonder about the decision to post a photo of yourself lifting your leg beside a tree, and discussing your stool in such graphic detail.

Poodle Bitch believes greater discretion might be in order.

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

Bogart, we luvs ya but are you surrrre you ain't fake'n it? We never get speshall food like that when weer sick.

Now Riley wants to go on a poop strike and see what happ'ns? Not me, I dont want no en-na-ma!!!

Luv,
Star.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bogart!
Glad to know your poop is back to normal! The soup your mom made for you looks yummy!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Oh Bogart I have missed you!!! Our Daddy has been sick and Mom has not been blog hopping as much as normal... I am sorry you were under the weather, but glad you are back to your regular self.
That soup looks really good. I will remember that soup for the next time I don't feel good. Thank-you for the idea.
Love ya Bogart, Bambi and Fern

Dawn said...

That soup looks WONDERFUL! Glad you are feeling all better! Do you have to go back to the old dog food now? Or do you get to keep eating soup?

The Black and Tans. said...

Oh my goodness our tummies are rumbling just looking at that delicious meal your Ma cooked for you.

Glad you are better Bogart.

Molly, Taffy and Monty

Molly the Airedale said...

Your soup looks so yummy, Bogie, and you even get to eat it out of a fancy dish! Lucky you! We're glad your bowels are all better!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

erin said...

Ha Ha Ha! Bogart, I do that food drop in semi-disgust thing too! People always ask if they can give me a treat and my girl says "You can TRY!" Whatever I drop on the ground, Teagan gobbles right up so it's all okay, I guess. My girl says if Teagan was a My Little Pony she'd be Lickety Split because she so totally can't hold her licker. Anyhoo, glad to hear that you are feeling better. My tummy has been wonky too. I've got pills that the vet gave me and I've been dinning on hamburger and Rice for the past couple of days. The one good thing about being sick is the special yummy food! Your chicken soup looks great too!
Woof,
Keeley

Sally Ann and Andy said...

That soup looks great. Could I have a bowl?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bogart,

We're happy about your poop and your moms soup!

Hugs, Tessa