Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hiking the Holgate Trail

Hey dogs - do you like a good hike? Several hours of fun and frivolity out in nature? Enjoying a beautiful, crisp fall day in the great outdoors with your humans?

Me too.

But some walks are more dog-friendly than others. For example, today we decided to do the Holgate trail to the top of Powell Butte. Maybe get a nice view of Mount Hood from the top. Nature calls...

Now that I've satisfied nature's first call, it's time to answer the call of the wild. Off on the trail!

The Old Holgate trail is particularly beautiful and varied - so many new things to see, smell, and pee on.

Even though it rained a few days ago, it's pretty dry out here. No big puddles or anything.

So many different plants that I haven't seen before...

The view from the top is FANTASTIC - it's tough to see in this photo, but see the pointy white thing in the center? That's Mount Hood, covered in snow.

Now that we've walked all the way up, it's time to run all the way down! Woo-hoo!

Ok dad, I'll stop running. We'll just do a spirited trot, then shall we? Which trail to take down - everything goes in the same general direction...

Lemme see if anyone left a message on which is the best trail to take.

Elderberry trail it is.

Even mama with her lousy sense of direction can find her way home from here - they have signs all over the place - but luckily dad has a GREAT sense of direction. Mama always gets lost, I just like to go FORWARD no matter if I'm going in the right direction or not, but dad always saves the day and gets us where we need to go. Thanks dad...

Love,

Bogart

Submit your contest entries TODAY - Contest ends on November 30th!!!

Chez Bogart

To Aire is Divine

12 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What an adventure! We love hiking just like you do, Bogie! Wouldn't it be fun if one day we could hike together?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Caz and Ludo the cool dude said...

Great hike the woods looked very inviting and such a great day for a hike.
love all the photo's. I the woods ca'nt wait for the summer to come so I can show Otto all my favourite walks.

Ludo the cool

Eduardo said...

BEAUTIFUL pics Bogart! I love a good walk!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Joe Stains said...

Tell your Mom not to feel bad, if it was her she would STILL be out there for sure. Her sense of direction is the WORST

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Wow, the trails look awesome! I love the photo of Mount Hood in the distance...so pretty! And there's something like a cloud formation/wind thingy at the side of the photo too...cool! *grins*

Hope you have a great day!

Scottie

Kirby said...

Bogart,

You are the ultimate mountain dog! All those trails that you hike on, they are so pawsome!! And what a sweet trail that has a fire hydrant right there. Very dog friendly!!

Your pal,
Kirby

Lux said...

What a beautiful place to go hiking! I love those pictures of handsome you!

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

I LOVE the Spirit Trot!

Gobble Gobble!!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Noah the Airedale said...

G'day matie
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
You must be pretty fit Bogie with all the hiking you do.

tailwags
Noah x

Stanley said...

Bogart!

You are one BMD, man. (That's Burly Mountain Dog.) Loved the hiking highlights and the heads up on your mama's sense of direction. (Although, I bet it's fun to get lost in the woods with her.)

My hiking days are getting ready to start again and I can't wait. No mountain skyviews here in GooberStan, but I can look forward to some dense woods and lots of peemails!

Goober love,
Stanley

Pee Ess
Enjoy your Thanksgiving, man. I'm thankful you're my Airebud!

Cassidy said...

That looks like a great place to hike! Seems like a beautiful area you moved to Bogie!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hiya Bogart!

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

And I very much liked your hiking trip.

My Pa never ever wants to ask for directions even when he is lost!!

They were lovely pictures you posted.

Thank you for showing them.

love and manylicks,

Marvin xxxxx