Wednesday, November 05, 2008

First Dog?

Now I don't like to get involved in politics - I've gone out of my way NOT to mention anything up until now - but today I'll just say this - I'M A HAPPY BOY

On that note, I've heard that our next president has promised his two daughters that after the election they could have a dog. Excellent choice my friend, a good president MUST have a pet. So now the big choice is what kind of dog will they choose?

Yes I can say that Airedales are FANTASTIC dogs, but knowing that they have not had a dog before I'm gonna have to pass on recommending that the first family starts off their dog-filled life with a Dale. Mama says that I'm a HANDFUL AND A HALF, and not a good choice for someone who has not had dogs before. There is apparently also the issue that one of the daughters may be somewhat allergic.

I was gonna throw out some breeds of my own that I thought might work nicely for them, and then mama saw this post that she thought was pretty darned funny. Ultimately, I just hope that they find the RIGHT dog for them, that they do their research into breeds (whether they go for a purebred or a mixed breed pup) and everything that the First Dog is gonna need.

So Barry, if ya need any other assistance just let me know - I'M HERE TO HELP

Love,

Bogart

Chez Bogart

To Aire is Divine

5 comments:

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Ooh...I read somewhere that there was a poll conducted online for people to vote if they think the new President should choose what breed, and there were quite a few breeds which are good for people with allergies. But when the poll results were out(the public chose the poodle! YAYY!) the family of the President said that they will most probably adopt a doggie from a shelter since there are so many strays out there...good for them,I say! =)

Scottie

Molly the Airedale said...

We think you're right about a Dale being not the right choice for their first dog but we do hope they choose a Terrier-type! Do we have to wait till January when they move to the white house to find out? We can't wait that long!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Deetz said...

They got a big house now, do you think they will just go and adopt a whole bunch of them?
Hope you are doing great, Bogart. My mum has been too busy to help me visit.
Deetzy

Dexter said...

I think a dale would make a great first doggie, but on the other hand, it would make lots of people go out and get one that really shouldn't. Besides, how could they ever get one as good as you?

Slobbers,
Mango

Stanley said...

Bogart!!

Man, I've been gone TOO LONG! My girl has been sick and way too busy with her own life to even get on the pooter while she's at home with us, so I've had a lot of catching up to do.

Congratulations on your webmaster's choice award! Yours is the first dog blog my girl encountered, and as I've told you before, you made her laugh at a time she didn't think she could. (You also made her fall in love with you... which is another story entirely.)

You've been a busy pup, getting some good eats, hanging with your papa (who has a VERY nice soul patch, by the way), celebrating your mama, walking for good causes, and looking for a baby mama! Speaking of that, I thought I'd missed the deadline, so I didn't enter. But, I have a few ideas! I'm guessing everydog was being a perfectionist (since they wanted this to be JUST RIGHT for you) and felt overwhelmed with the idea of creating your ad? All I know is, any Airegirl would be stinkin' lucuky to get to mamba with you, buddy!

I hope your baby mama search is still active even if we didn't come through for you. I'm going to see what I can come up with... even if it's a little late!

Goober love & smooches all around at Casa de Bogart,
Stanley