Wednesday, May 14, 2008

DogPause - A Review

Well, looky here...

When a package arrives for me, mama lets me open it myself. This was on the front stoop, clearly addressed to Bogart Handsome Devil. I just had to figure out the best way to get it open...

Come on mom, WHAT IS IT???

Enquiring minds need to know...

Fine. If you won't tell me, then I'll read the letter myself.

Hand me that letter, foul woman!

Oh cooool. It's a dog bowl!

But it's not just any bowl... it's got these compartments in it, not like anything I've seen before.

The nice folks at Long Tail Pet Products sent this especially for me to give a whirl! The bowl is called the DogPause bowl, and it's meant to slow eager eaters down, preventing bloat and other problems. And I got two of 'em!!!

Ok mom, now exactly how am I supposed to test these fine bowls if there is NO FOOD???

Hehehe. Since we moved I've learned to eat the canned chow instead of my usual homemade goodies. I know that dad will get back on the stick sometime and make me my yummies, but for now this is awfully tasty...

I should say from the beginning that I'm not usually a voracious eater. But I can easily see how a bowl like this would slow ya down...

You've gotta be really good, work that tongue around, twist the head, to get at all of the meaty goodness.


I've gotta say that this is a really great product! I think I might have to try it out on some more of my hardcore Airedale buddies to do a really true test, but mom was really impressed. And of course, it has this cute doggie in the center of each bowl:

So my friends, if you have issues with eating too fast and your humans are worried about you, stop by the website and pick up your own DogPause bowl. And remember... I only recommend stuff that I personally try out, and I give you my true review!!!

This one is a 4-paws up!

Love,

Bogart

To Aire is Divine

12 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Mitch has a pretty red brakefast bowl with three pillars in the middle of it and it does slow him down! Your dindin sure looks yummy, Bogie!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

The Airechicks said...

OMDog - SLOW DOWN is the right words....WAY SLOWED DOWN.....

Thank you for doing the research - looks like the bowls do exactly what DogPause claims....

Love the action shots of the kitty cats.....

Looks like you/ve got a real nice pad ......

XXoooXXXoooXXooo

Stanley said...

Okay, Bogart.

When did you start wearing reading glasses? I never knew you needed them. That's a nice head strap you have on them... those arms almost looked real.

Cool bowl. At one point my girl thought I might need something like this cuz I finished my food in no time flat. Then she switched me to raw food, and that slowed me W A Y down.

Hope your domination of Portland is coming along nicely.

Goober love,
Stanley

Stanley said...

Pee Ess

It looked like you were licking to the beat of "Relax"! How do you DO that?

Dexter said...

Bogart,
I have a similar type of bowl myself and I DO NOT LIKE IT because it takes forever to eat my foodies now instead of the 45 seconds I used to take.

Dexter

P.S. You have a BIG nose!

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my...I'm awake now...Bogie...I actually fell asleep while I was watchin' you eat ur dindin...oh my...(Lacie yawns and stretches...)

That was a very very slow dining experience. I hope Mumise never sees that...we scarf our food in no time at all....and then I um BURRRRRRRP!!!

You get more handsome everyday, Bogie...we loved ur mother's day walkie...how pretty that is and it's RIGHT BY UR HOUSE!!! Sounds like it was Bogie's Day!!! Come and visit me, Bogie...(flirt flirt!!!)

Lakie barks,
Lacie

Deetz said...

Those are really fancy bowls Bogart...I will tell my mum about them. I noticed that you got long eyebrows just like mine...I like em, don't you? Give us character.
Deetz

GranthamLynn said...

What a cool bowl. I wanted to stop in and ask you to visit us at our blog. My name is Daisy and my mom lets me write about my doggie bloggy friends on Sat. Can I send my friends over to meet you and say Hi. Bogart you are so handsome and I would love to put your photo on my blog so everyone can see you.
Come and see me at my mom's blog.

Unknown said...

Hey Bogie!

I may have to get some of those fine bowls too...Where did your Mom and Dad find them? Do you really like them? Okay, let me know!

Love, Herc

GranthamLynn said...

Good Morning Bogart,
Daisy is in Puppy Love. She even wrote about you this morning on our blog. Thanks for coming over last night and saying "hi". We have you have a great Saturday.
And if you go for a walk fetch a stick for Daisy!
Love, Daisy

Cassidy said...

You look very studious in your specs Bogart!

I so need a bowl like that! I eat my food soooooooooo fast. Mummy kept putting a tennis ball in, but me keeps just taking it out so I can still eat fast!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Anonymous said...

Alpo is horrible dog food, as a matter of fact that is the brand that killed my two precious dogs during the Melamine scare. Even without the poisonous melamine, Alpo is filled with "by products" and junk. Please spend a little more money and buy some Quality dog food like Blue Buffalo, AvoDerm, Canidae, or Newmans Naturals. Avoid any dog food with corn anything (dogs can't digest corn), "by products" of anything, and animal digest -all horrible ingredients for your dog.