Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Walk Not, Poop Not

Neither rain, nor snow, nor dark of night shall stop the red-raincoat-ed Airedale in his nightly rounds.

I don't care if it's raining, I HAVE TO POOP. And I will not compromise on it's placement. I can't just poop on command, you know (actually I can, but no reason to let the humans in on that secret, eh?). I must first walk a bit, stretch the muscles, and get ready for the mighty evening poop.

Hm. Poop in the "little dog toilet" area, or wait for something more scenic? THE AGONY OF CHOICE

In the end, I chose to go with the little dog toilet area. Since no other doggies were around, it was fine for my purposes. And mama is getting cranky in the rain (apparently while she managed to dress me in my raincoat, she forgot to put the hood on hers. I keep trying to tell her that HOODS SERVE NO PURPOSE but she just DOES NOT LEARN).

Go home, you say? I don't think so. I am not going to let a little torrential downpour ruin my evening walkie. In fact, I am going to find the biggest stick I can just to show you that I am not ready to go home yet...

Come on mama! Only an hour to go!

Love,

Bogart

7 comments:

the teacher's pets said...

Since you are a dog, you know exactly what dogs think about when they are out at night in the horrible rain! I always wondered what was going through the minds of my doggie clients when I didn't want to be outdoors with them and now I know! Thank you for your insight! You are one smart dog!

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

You're so lucky to be able to go out in the rain (that rain coat looks spiffy by the way!)! Mom never brings me out for walkies when it's raining because she's lazy like that...haha!

Scottie

Molly the Airedale said...

Your mom needs to get herself a pretty red raincoat just like yours, Bogie, and then she won't mind fun walkies in the rain!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Mom always says the girls go out and do their business and get it done, but Piper has to "read the newspapers" before he can do his - just like a man!!BOL!!

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh, Ruairi and Becky

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

You look like rain is your cup of tea! Rain walking is Hootie's thing too---not mine! I am such a lady when it comes to getting wet---no siree, please keep me dry. I do love to see you in your pretty red rain coat. Maybe you should share it with your mama?
XXX-BabyRocketDog

Pat Wahler said...

What's a little rain when there's a fine jacket like yours to keep you dry?

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Okay, this one cracked Momma up because I HATE the rain! I can't stand to get my head wet!!!!!

Love, Hercules