Thursday, August 24, 2006

Internet Hell

Ok, you all know me pretty well by now. You know how much I love this internet thing... getting to show off for all the world and have an audience for my ever-expanding beliefs.

Can I say how much I hate it though?

Mom is having some really really weird DSL issues so she can't use the internet at home. Everyday I hear her screaming at people on the phone about it. No one seems to be able to fix it (I bet I could fix it easier) and several of them have been foolish enough to hang up on her. Not a good idea, I can tell them that mom is pretty easy-going until you push her. Then all hell breaks loose and you were better off just doing what she wanted in the first place (or so I've heard).

So technically I won't be up and fully operational until.... wait for it.... next Monday. You'll probably hear of some violent deaths in the meantime in the Los Angeles area, don't tell anyone, ok, but I'm pretty sure that will be mom taking out some unhelpful internet representatives. In the meantime, I've still been documenting my life as always, here's a quick update on the last few days...

On Saturday (the day after the evil of the internet going down happened) mom's car started making funny noises. So since she's a girl, she thought, "hey, that means I must need an oil change" so off we went to our local EZ Lube. I watched the guys try valiantly to sell mom everything under the sun to go along with the lube-ing but she wasn't biting. Then we had to go wait outside because I was a little too excited about all of the activity inside and indeed I was thinking about how I could get down into that grease pit.

Sunday started out with some "duck shopping", uh, I mean some walking around the Echo Park lake. I was entranced with pigeons for some strange reason, and they formed this weird pigeon pyramid which just kind of freaked me out some more. Must try harder to bag one next time.

Later that day we went to Rally's - it's a burger joint with a Nascar theme - and needless to say, mom and dad aren't Nascar fans but they make a mean burger and they're cheap! So off we went, me stuffed into the back of a very hot car, to Rally's.

See how bright the photos are? That's how sunny it was, and damn that asphalt was hot. Had me doin' a Dale dance.

Then I smelled it. At first I didn't notice that mom had returned to the table holding a bag, I was just trying to catch some shadow. But slowly I turned...

A burger all for meeeeeeeee!

I even went for the bun - not to my usual taste, but today it was yummy.

So that should almost bring me back up-to-date... I miss all of my dog buddies, hope to be back at full force really soon.

Love,

Bogart

To Aire is Divine

No comments: