Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fresh Mex

Apparently mom and dad went out for dinner tonight to a Mexican restaurant without taking me along. Yes I did everything in the dog handbook - looked up lovingly, went to grab my leash, sat and tilted my head to one side, even trying to squeeze myself between their legs when the door opened - but no luck. They still had the unmitigated gall to go out without me.

I spent a short time sulking after they left and then decided I must do something. I must teach them a lesson. This great injustice cannot go unpunished. It is simply unacceptable for them to go pretty much anywhere without bringing me along.

So I found mom's makeup bag. Yes, her favorite one. Somehow she had forgotten to put it in her purse when she left. I very carefully nudged through the contents to find at least one treasured item - in this case a green eye pencil - and chewed it into oblivion. Then as I realized that it really didn't taste that great (who says that revenge always tastes sweet? Sometimes it tastes kind of.... woody) I chewed the packet of Listerine breath strips. Mmm, nice and citrus-y. Then one more lipstick just to really drive the point home.

When they came in of course mom saw it immediately. At times it's difficult for me to understand her - especially when she's excited about something - so all I hear is "blah blah blah" and I just continue smiling and nodding my head until it's over. She started picking up the pieces while dad brought out the doggie bag. Yes folks I knew that they wouldn't risk complete destruction of the apartment and at least show up with the doggie bag.

It was just a few bits of steak and a nacho or two - but it was muy bueno.

Love,

Bogart

I'm going south of the border on my other blog:

To Aire is Divine

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Green pencils. yummmmm. My favorite is red crayons. Though my sidekick said I looked a bit like a girl collie with lipstick afterward. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Cal

Life with Ozzy said...

Ohh Bogart well done my friend. One time mom and grandma both left me home alone. My revenge I tore a hole in grandma's bed right where that mean cat sleeps. Oh that taught them.
Wirey hugs,
Ozzy

Isabella said...

Oh, Bogart! You are so naughty- I love it! I never get a chance to do anything like that because I get stuck in a crate when the humans go out without me. I have to sneak in my fun-to-be-naughty times when the humans are in another room and their atention occupied by something other than me. It doesn't allow much time for well thought out and elaborate naughtiness.
Big Wags,
Isabella