Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Stick Hunter

Sunny spring SUNDAY and mama proposed a walk over to the east side.

But I wasn't in the mood for a super-long walk (I know, how is this possible?) so I thought we'd stay on the west side and explore a bit.

Back to hunting sticks! I have found an absolutely fantastic one - bigger than I am - that I simply MUST have.

It's bigger than me, it's longer than me, and it's covered in moss (unlike me).

Notice the much smaller stick next to the fantastic one. That's the one that mama found to try to pry me away from the stick that I really want. See how puny it looks in comparison...

Sorry mama, I simply cannot settle for your puny stick. I want to have the extra-large mossy one AND I WANT YOU TO THROW IT TO ME

Oh... do I really have to bust out the SMILE - all right, HERE IT IS...

Now I am concerned that you may not throw that juicy stick to me. Come on mama, IT WILL BE FUN.

DAMN IT FOUL WOMAN, THROW ME THAT STICK!!!

Ok fine. I didn't want you to throw me the stick anyway. I will pick it up on my own in my mighty jaws and shall carry it for the next hour on our tour around Portland in the hot afternoon sun.

Or... maybe I'll just sniff it one last time and then we'll be off.

Walking in NW Portland, we happened upon this cool sign (made with Lite Brite) in the window of a vintage store...

After all of that, wandering around for another 2 hours in the hot sun without that fine stick, I have to ask myself - do I still love my mama?

Love,

Bogart

3 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

That stick was over rated anyway right mate hehe

Noah x

Shirley said...

Just found your blog - Bogart is adorable. Being owned by two Airedale terrors, I am adding you to my favs. regards, Shirley

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Sticks, especially mossy ones are cool...but I think your Mama is the best! *grins*

Scottie