Saturday, May 30, 2009

Everybody Loves a Parade


Yes, it's another hot day in the City of Roses. High eighties. Hot days are best spent in the park if you ask me. And mama ALWAYS asks me.

She thinks she can outrun me - I always have to remind her about my 4-wheel drive as opposed to her puny 2-wheel drive. And I wear a fur coat while I'm passing her!

Sometimes the foul woman taunts me. Yes I have just left her in the dust, but there is no need to get testy. She had a tasty stick while I was sitting in the relative safety of the shade. I wanted that stick.

SURRENDER THE STICK!!!

I COME FOR YOUR STICK!!!

FLYING LEAP!!!

Once I have accomplished my goal of getting that fine stick, there is nothing like throwing my head back and letting out a mischevious laugh. And then dropping the stick and leaving it behind as I am SURE there will be others.

What is all this?

Oooohhh... there is going to be a parade tonight. Lots of crazy floats in the streets near our house.

Pretty crazy - Pretty cool

After the walkie we went home to have dinner. Mama actually made potato leek soup and cucumber salad! And from what I hear, they were actually tasty. I was satisfied with my green tripe, thank you very much.

Suddenly there was NOISE. The sounds of marching bands - notice that I said bands and not band. Where did they come from?

We went outside and ran smack into the staging area for all of the bands in the Starlight parade - all practicing at once!

I must say that the cacophany of sound coming from all of those bands was a bit freaky to my sensitive ears. I especially disliked the drums and the tubas.

However the baton twirlers were FASCINATING.

Love,

Bogart

8 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

Parades are a little noisy. I dont think I'd like all that commotion. My ears are sensitive to matie.
Hmmm the potato and leek soup sounds pretty good.

tailwags
Noah

Martha said...

We would not have liked the parade - indeed Martha would have completely freaked.
We would certainly have enjoyed the park and the ice lolly.
A dog has to keep cool in this heat Bogart - just do whatever it takes to ensure you get your share of the treats.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Molly the Airedale said...

We've never been to a parade before! Good thing those baton twirlers didn't drop their batons or you could have had one of those to add to your toy collection!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm not sure how I would handle a parade!

Tank woo fur sharing yours!

Maggie and Mitch are khorrekht: woo khould have had a metal stikhk!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Make sure woo try to stay khool!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bogart!
Parades sounds interesting but scary at the same time!
I am not very good in crowds!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Black and Tans. said...

Hi Bogart

I rather think Taffy would have barkied out orders at the bands and would probably make as much noise as the drums.

Molly

Asta said...

Bogart
You awe absolutely wight about youw choice fow a hot day. Now that I've had the wondew of an aiweboy in my house I twooly love you even mowe..you guys wock!!!
Tell youw Mama that hew meal sounds awfully good..Mommi would like to eat that wight now
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Kirby said...

Hi Bogart,

Like you, I enjoy a parade, just not the bands. They are just too loud and it hurts my ears. I like when people throw candy to the crowd and I can scoop it up before Mom can grab it up. He he! Hope it cools off there soon. I'm not a fan of super hot weather.

Your pal,
Kirby