Saturday, March 05, 2011

The Wild Cones of Philly

Holy crap.


I didn't think I was going to see these ever again.  Portland was full of them, even Los Angeles had it's fair share, but so far here in Philadelphia my cone intake has been almost nil.  Mama didn't see 'em, BUT I DID.


Ah, the familiar crunch of the cone - that forest-y taste in my mouth.  How I missed you.  I still have no idea of where you came from, but tell your friends that I'm here, ok?  I'd like to meet them sometime...


Love,
Bogart

8 comments:

Lorenza said...

Bogart!
I know how much you like pine cones!
And looking at your pictures I can imagine all the crunchy-cruchy sound!
Happy Sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Amber-Mae said...

I bet it tasted like heaven! You're lucky you found them again.

Your mum x said...

We can feel that crunch from here.........

Unknown said...

Cones are magic. If you put them in a box in a few weeks they give this amazing smell. If you wash them they close then they open again in the sun. But why do humans do that to cones when chewing them is so much better? Humans just don't get it.

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

Bocci said...

So glad you got to crunch on your beloved pine cones, Bogart!

Rudy said...

Aww, so happy you found something you were longing for!! Bet that first crunch was priceless. Hope many more find their way into your path Bogie!

Love, Rudy

Chloe and Libby said...

So happy you found one of your favorite things!!! Yum!!
Hugs,
Chloe

Willow the Black Dale said...

Bogart...I have been gone for soooo long (all my mummy's fault I might add). But did I read that right? Are you living in Philly now? You know that is only about 5 hours from ME.....Willow.....the black Airedale. Mom wants to make a trip to take on Punxsatawney Phil and chat about all this snow and also go to some chocolate place called Hershey in Pennsylvania.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Willow