Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Fowl Dog

My dad is always saying that I'm going to be his "fowl dog" - you know, that someday I'm going to follow him, headfirst into an icy lake, and retrieve the ducks that he shoots. Like a good, traditional Airedale.

Well I must be more of a vegetarian mama's boy than any of us are willing to admit... today mom and I went for a walk around the Echo Park lake to see the ducks, and lets just say that my reaction would make my brave ancestors roll their eyes and give me a big "Harumph!"...

Love,

Bogart

To Aire is Divine

10 comments:

Asta said...

Bogie,
I love your nonchalance, but are you eating duck poop?
You're clearly a lover not a duck killer
smoochie kisses
Asta

Ruby Bleu said...

You're a lover, not a duckie eater!!! Good job Bogart, good job!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Molly the Airedale said...

You're eating goosey and duckie poop! You're not foolin me! Did you fool your mom though? That's the all important question?

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Stanley said...

Bogart!

It's clear, my brother, that you are a conservationist - like a doggie version of St Francis - caring for all animal life and scooping their poo for them! You didn't fool anyone, man! We all saw it.

Your goober bro,
Stanley

Liza said...

I have to say - Mom was playing your video and I went on red alert!! Just the sound of the Cali geese had me ready to go retrieve!!

Sorry they aren't your thing - but they certainly are mine!!

Have a happy day - Dory

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I'm sure duck poop is far more interesting than flinging yourself in the water! J x

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am not allowed to lick the goose poop here. How does it taste and how long was it before your mom let you kiss her again, ha roo!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Liberty Doo Dah said...

As I recall, Bogie - this is another thing you and Miss Sunshade have in common! I *do* believe that she likes the taste of duck poops too! heehee!
Man! Mum needs to take me to Echo Park! I bet I would try to go after those ducks!
AireLICKS!
Liberty

fee said...

eek! beware the birdie flu bogart!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bogart.
I am sure you find other "things" more interesting than the ducks themself!
Have a nice day
Lorenza