Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day - Surprise!

This morning, the view from my bedroom window looked like this - but mama still had to go to work.  Really?  Work?  On a day like this?

So as she was putting on clothes other than her dog-walking ones, we got a phone call.  SNOW DAY!!!


And I know exactly how to do a snow day.  The first order of business is a MASSIVE CUDDLE PARTY.


See?  Even Happy Bunny agrees (and he's the most self-centered toy ever - a few of his choice phrases are "Lets talk about me", "You suck and that's sad", and "Hi, Loser!").


Come on, YOU KNOW YOU WANNA CUDDLE


Cuddling accomplished - guess what's next on the Bogart Snow Day menu?


If you said Big Walk in the Snow, congratulate yourself - that's correct!


I fully realize that the snow is up to my chest.  That my mighty paws are completely buried as I scamper about.  AND I DON'T CARE


I can even find the odd stick that is above snow-ground.  Lots of 'em have fallen in the park, the weight of the snow on the tree branches being overwhelming for some of them.  Good for me, tho.


It's almost like swimming, but it's not.  As in, I'm kind of buried but I cannot move.  Maybe it's time to head to higher ground, or lower snow.


I likey what some people do when confronted with overwhelming snow.  This was a huge snowman - simple, yes, but he made up in stature what he lacked in detail.


Rock on, Philadelphia!

Love,
Bogart

8 comments:

animal lover, quilt lover said...

HI Bogart and Lulu,
I wish you would come to my blog every once in a while so I could come to yours more often. I am on dial up and it takes 30 minutes to load a small page with just a few pictures. Yours usually takes 45.
Anywho I wish I had more time to come see you!! if you came then I would come back to answer your comment no matter what!!!!!!!
Love you Bogart and Lulu

Pepsi the Lazy Bum said...

The snowman looks huge!! The snow sure is deep, I think I'd be under it. Hehe. Happy Snow Day!

Woofs,
Pepsi

House of Carnivores said...

Wow, that sure is a lot of snow! Makes me glad I'm on the OTHER side of Pennsylvania. Argos wouldn't be nearly as sanguine about snow that deep.

Wyatt said...

You are the luckiest dale ever! Look at all that snow.
Same ol same ol here in Portland :(

Wyatt

Anonymous said...

Hey Bogart,
You sure like you enjoyed having Ms. Lulu hanging around all day. We got snow too but not as much as ya'll. dad's friends that work for DLA in Philly all got to stay home today too, just like Lulu. Dad's work was open but he stayed home cuz we was iced in. It took him 4 hours to get home yesterday in the storm. We hope Lulu has a short commute or public transit. Hey, hjave a cheese steak for us will ya? Stay warm.
- TBH&K

Jan Mader said...

Love your blog and photos. We seem to have a lot in common. I'm an author and writing to you from my blog for creative people.

I also have two horses and three dogs and have a blog for animal lovers at http://animaltalk4u.blogspot.com

Please come visit!

Molly the Airedale said...

It it tough trying to navigate in the snow when the white stuff is up to your chest, isn't it!
That's a huge snowman!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Unknown said...

Yes, the snowman did lack detail, size notwithstanding. Dogs are so much more evolved.

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill