Sunday, March 23, 2008

Meeting Mashti Malone

Happy Easter everybody! Notice my spiffy bandana, a present from my buddy Stanley, mama thought that I should wear some sort of easter bonnet, but since I ain't wearin' no stinkin' bonnet, my skull-covered bandana would just have to do.

Ohmydog you guys... today I met a real celebrity! His name is Mashti Malone, and he's famous for his ice cream!

We were just walking through Glendale today and dad LOVES the ice cream at Mashti Malone's, so we swung by. And there he was! Mom tried to get a picture of me with him, but he was kind of busy opening the store so we didn't want to interrupt.

Instead, she got me to pose out in front of the ice cream parlour. If you don't know Mashti Malone's, they make the coolest ice cream ever - it's rosewater ice cream - in lots of very cool and exotic flavors. It's dad's absolute favorite!

Now you all know that I tried ice cream not too long ago and didn't like it. I know, I know, very un-dog-like of me. Well today thought he'd give me a try of some of his rosewater saffron ice cream. And you know what... I LOVED IT!

The tentative approach. I'm not sure what it is but it smells interesting...

Giving it the "sniff test"...

Going in for some yumminess... my heartiest two paws up for Mashti Malone's!!!

Time to hop in the car and head home. It's really really hot here today. Mama broke the Bogie-mobile yesterday (well, it started steaming like a boiling pot while she was driving, she keeps telling me she didn't actually break it, but since it's not running well damn it woman it's BROKEN) so we drove in Dad's car.

I get the whole back seat which suits me just fine. They call me The CEO when I ride in the back. While I think the characterization is quite apt, I don't really back-seat drive. I just wait for the perfect moment to stick my nose out of the window...

Enjoy your Sunday every-doggie!

Love,

Bogart

To Aire is Divine

8 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bogar!
Glad you had fun with your mom and dad and eating that exotic ice cream! Sure it was yummy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Molly the Airedale said...

We can't wait for ice cream season to begin! Masti Malone sounds like pretty good stuff to us! Love your bandana, Bogie! Stanley has excellent taste!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Deetz said...

I like ice cream too, it is very delicious. I hang my head out the window too. Makes my mum nervous cuz sometimes I even hang a foot out there and really lean outside...freaks her out...lol
Deetz

Caz and Ludo the cool dude said...

A day out, ice cream and a ride in the back of the car with leather seats you have been spoilt.
Love the bandana, I would love one of them but chris won't buy me one I 'm sure I would look just as cool as you with one of those snazzy bandanas.

The sky looks lovely and blue and the you just look so handsome with your head poking out of the window with the breeze his your aire.

Bye for now

Ludo the cool dude.

Kirby said...

Hi Bogart,

That ice cream sure looks good. You've got me in the mood for some now. Mmmmm, can't wait for ice cream season. You sure do get to go to some cool places. Ice cream and a car ride, so pawsome!

Your pal,
Kirby

Harry said...

What an excellent Sunday you had my friend. Ice cream and poking your nose out of the window, how much better can life be?

Toodle pip
Harry x

erin said...

Bogart you look so cool in your skully bandana. I wish I got to ride with my head out the window like you do.
Woof,
Keeley
PS I tagged you on my blog.

Asta said...

bogie
That wose watew ice cweam sounds tewwific! I'm so glad you got to twy it..My pawents awe taking me to Wome next week, and I was a little scawed, but got vewy excited when they pwomised daily powtions of gelato..
it won't be as wawm thewe as youw house, but I'm weally looking fowawd to it
smoochie kisses
Asta