Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lake Tai Rock

Woo-hoo! It's STILL summer! For more than a day! It's CRAZY...

Time to head down to the waterfront with all of the other hot and steamy folks here in Portland who aren't yet used to the heat.

I thought I might like to jump in until I remembered that the Willamette is deep and dirty. Fun to run the paws through, but that's about all. So I busied myself watching some overly-tan people whizzing by in a bright orange speedboat. Again and again and again.

You would think that if someone was going to keep going by - because obviously they knew they were being watched (that boat was LOUD) - they would do something either different or interesting at least once. And you would be wrong.

We don't normally walk through SW Portland past the main downtown area, but today we were feeling like explorers...

And we found this: Lake Tai Rock. Just in front of City Hall in a lovely, shady park. A gift from Portland's sister city in China. It is a large, irregularly-shaped rock with a lovely pool of water.

Which I found FASCINATING. These plants must be kind of special because they don't just get to sit in still water, they have their own gurgler. Yes, I understand that gurgler is not a word. But really, that's what it was.

Did I mention that it was FASCINATING? Not only did that water water feel good on my toasty paws, but that gurgler was driving me insane.

Behold - the large, irregularly shaped rock.

As well as this smaller cousin-rock.

Did I mention that I found this FASCINATING???

Who knew that mama was filming? So yes, you can see my little freak-out, and realize that you too would do the same.


Love,

Bogart

5 comments:

George The Lad said...

Hi Bogart, liked the video, gald you got to have a paddle with it being so hot.
See Yea George xxx

Molly the Airedale said...

Your video is making us feel so much cooler, Bogie!
You got your hair trimmed! You always look so handsome!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Nelly said...

That gurgler is like a magnet to you Bogie. Great place to play in this hot weather!
Nibbles
Nelly x

Bocci said...

Hi Bogart, you handsome devil-haven't seen you in ages!
Thanks for giving us tours of Portland-Parental Unit still wants to move there...

Your buddy,
Bocci

Wyatt said...

Hi Bogart-
OMD! It is still summer....I'm beside myself with glee!

Wyatt